Finding Serenity in Beaverton: Dr. Kihyon Sohn’s Approach to Taming Irritability with Acupuncture and Herbal Medicine
When Life Feels Like Sandpaper: Understanding Irritability from a Traditional Asian Medicine Perspective
Irritability, that persistent edge of frustration simmering beneath the surface, can wreak havoc on daily life. In Traditional Asian Medicine (TAM), irritability is disharmony within the body’s energy flow, or Qi. This imbalance can manifest in various ways, from emotional volatility to physical symptoms like headaches and muscle tension.
The Root of the Problem: Identifying Common Culprits of Irritability
Several factors can contribute to irritability within the TAM framework:
- Liver Qi Stagnation: When the Liver, responsible for smooth energy flow, gets “stuck,” it can lead to frustration and anger.
- Heat in the Heart: Excess heat in the Heart, associated with restlessness and anxiety, can amplify irritability.
- Spleen Deficiency: A weak Spleen, tasked with digestion and transformation, can lead to dampness and stagnation, contributing to fatigue and irritability.
Finding Balance: Dr. Sohn’s Approach to Treating Irritability
Dr. Kihyon Sohn, a licensed acupuncturist and herbalist in Beaverton, Oregon, employs a personalized TAM approach to address irritability at its root. His treatment plans typically involve:
- Acupuncture: Dr. Sohn inserts fine needles at specific points along meridians, the pathways through which Qi flows, to promote balance and release blockages.
- Herbal Medicine: Dr. Sohn prescribes customized herbal formulas based on your needs. These formulas may include herbs like Bupleurum (Chai Hu) to soothe Liver Qi stagnation or Scutellaria (Huang Qin) to clear Heart heat.
- Dietary and Lifestyle Guidance: Dr. Sohn emphasizes the importance of diet and lifestyle in maintaining balance. It may involve recommendations for stress management techniques, sleep hygiene, and dietary adjustments to support digestion and Qi flow.
Patient Stories: Experiencing the Transformative Power of TAM
“I used to feel like I was walking around with a lit fuse,” shares Sarah, a patient of Dr. Sohn. “Acupuncture and the herbal remedies helped me release so much pent-up tension. I’m calmer now, and I can enjoy life again.”
“Dr. Sohn’s approach is so different from anything I’ve tried before,” says David. “He doesn’t just treat the symptoms; he gets to the root of the problem. My irritability has significantly decreased, and I feel more in control of my emotions.”
Beyond Beaverton: Finding TAM Practitioners Across Oregon
While Dr. Sohn’s expertise is readily available in Beaverton, the benefits of TAM for managing irritability extend far beyond. Numerous qualified Traditional Asian Medicine practitioners are located throughout Oregon, ready to guide you on your path to inner peace.
Remember, irritability is not simply a personality quirk; it’s a sign of underlying imbalance. By embracing the holistic wisdom of Traditional Asian Medicine, you can find the tools to restore harmony, manage your emotions, and reclaim your inner serenity.
Our holistic wellness clinic is on Beaverton-Hillsdale Hwy, east of OR 217, making it easy to reach from Beaverton, Aloha, Hillsboro, Tigard, Lake Oswego, NW, and SW Portland. We have on-site parking, a handicap-accessible entrance and restroom, and treatment rooms on the ground floor for everyone’s convenience. Please call us at (503) 404-4567 for a same-day appointment. It’s a good idea to call or book online in advance.