Treatments for Post-Covid conditions using herbal medicine and Korean acupuncture are effective.
According to CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention), some COVID-19-infected patients experience Post-Covid conditions, also called Covid long-haul symptoms, after initial symptom recovery. Post-COVID conditions or Covid long-haul symptoms can develop in patients with varying degrees of illness during acute infection, including those with mild or asymptomatic infections. According to the media, roughly one in every four people with Covid 19 suffers from Covid long-haul symptoms. These post-acute symptoms and clinical findings are still being studied by the medical and research communities.
Patients suffering from Post-Covid conditions and social isolation caused by COVID-19 prevention measures, frequently show symptoms of depression, anxiety, or mood changes.
COVID-19 has been shown to affect many organ systems, including cardiovascular, pulmonary, renal, dermatological, neurologic, digestive, and psychiatric systems.
After the acute illness has passed, various health effects may remain. (e.g., pulmonary fibrosis, myocarditis). It is unknown how long the results of the multi-organ system will last and whether they will cause chronic health problems. Here are some of the Post-Covid conditions, or Covid long-haul symptoms.
- Post-exertional malaise and/or poor endurance
- “Brain fog,” or cognitive impairment
- Chest pain
- Palpitations and/or fast heart rate
- Joint stiffness
- Muscle pain
- Tingling or prickling sensation
- Abdominal pain
- Insomnia and other sleep difficulties
- Impaired daily function and mobility
- Rash (e.g., urticaria)
- Mood changes
- loss of smell or taste disorder
- Menstrual cycle irregularities
Eastern Asian medicine
Eastern Asian medicine believes that disease progression in our body can be divided into four levels: defense, qi, nutrient, and blood. These levels can be used to indicate the superficial to deep levels of pathological changes, as well as their severity.
- Wei level syndrome is the initial level at which our body shows pathological changes due to exogenous heat invading the body.
- Qi-level syndrome refers to abnormal qi movement in human viscera or tissues. The most commonly affected organs in the Wei and Qi levels are the lung, stomach, intestine, and gallbladder. The vast majority of these diseases are functional bodily disorders.
- Ying-level syndrome refers to the stage where Ying Yin, a nourishing fluid, is burned and affected by pathogenic heat.
- In Blood level syndrome, extreme blood heat causes organ parenchyma damage.
Korean acupuncture and herbal medicine have been practiced for long years and have recently gained popularity. These fields of medicine are particularly well-suited to treating many ailments, including Post-Covid conditions, as they can effectively address many physical and mental symptoms.
Herbal medicine and Korean acupuncture
Herbal medicine and Korean acupuncture are two healing methods used to successfully treat various ailments. In many cases, these treatments outperform modern medicine in treating the underlying cause of a condition rather than just the symptoms. While these treatments aren’t a one-size-fits-all solution, they are a valuable addition to help you with your post-covid long-haul symptoms.
Leave a Reply