Frequently Asked Questions for Kihyon Sohn Acupuncture
About You and Your Practice:
- What are your qualifications and experience?
- I am Dr. Kihyon Sohn, a licensed acupuncturist and herbalist with extensive experience in Asia and the United States. I hold a Master of Science in Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (MSAOM) and a Doctor of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (DAOM) from the Oregon College of Oriental Medicine.
- What style of acupuncture do you use?
- I primarily use traditional Korean acupuncture, known for its gentle and minimally invasive approach. This style stimulates specific points below the knees and elbows to promote well-being and address various health concerns.
- Do you offer other treatments besides acupuncture?
- What conditions do you treat?
- I treat a wide range of conditions, including pain (chronic and acute), headaches, allergies, digestive issues, stress, anxiety, and sleep problems. We will discuss your concerns during your initial consultation and create a personalized treatment plan.
Appointments and Fees:
- Do you accept insurance?
- I do not accept insurance. However, I can issue a Superbill for you so your insurance can reimburse you. You should check with your insurance company whether they take it.
- What are your fees?
- My fees vary depending on the type of treatment. However, I strive to offer affordable and accessible care. Initial consultations may be longer and incur a slightly higher fee.
- How do I schedule an appointment?
- You can schedule an appointment online through my website or by calling (503) 404-4567.
- What should I expect during my first appointment?
- We will discuss your health history, current concerns, and treatment goals during your first visit. I will then perform a comprehensive examination, which may include pulse diagnosis and tongue analysis. Based on this information, I will create a personalized treatment plan tailored to your needs.
Acupuncture and Herbal Medicine:
- Is acupuncture painful?
- Korean acupuncture typically uses very thin needles; most patients experience minimal discomfort. I prioritize making your experience as comfortable and relaxing as possible.
- What are the potential side effects of acupuncture?
- Acupuncture is generally safe with minimal side effects. However, after treatment, some people may experience mild soreness, bruising, or dizziness. These are usually temporary and resolve quickly.
- What are the benefits of herbal medicine?
- Herbal medicine has been used for centuries to treat various health conditions. It can work synergistically with acupuncture to enhance treatment outcomes. When recommending herbs, I prioritize high-quality and safe formulations.
- Are there any risks associated with herbal medicine?
- Like any medication, herbal remedies can interact with other medications or underlying health conditions. It’s crucial to discuss your individual needs and potential risks with me before using any herbal products.
- Do you offer gift certificates?
- Yes, I offer gift certificates for various treatment packages, making a thoughtful and unique gift for your loved ones.
- What are your office hours?
- My office hours are eight to six on Monday and Thursday and nine to six on Tuesday and Friday. We are closed on Wednesday and weekend.
- Do you offer virtual consultations?
- I primarily offer in-person consultations. I also accommodate virtual consultations for herbal medicine. You can make an appointment online.
I hope this list of frequently asked questions is helpful. Please don’t hesitate to contact me if you have any further inquiries.